EazyFeeds

EazyFeeds

Trending News / Gist at Your Finger Tips

Latest News

Tuesday, 27 July 2021

Man Hacked To Death In Cross River By Suspected Cultists

7/27/2021 07:23:00 am 0


 Hoodlums suspected to be cultists have hacked a trader to death in Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River state. 


 


It was gathered that the incident happened at the Cross River State College of Education, COE in Awi, Akamkpa on Friday, July 23. 


 


The victim identified simply as “Omalor” who sold food and drinks inside the campus was reportedly macheted by the assailants until he died. 


 


“Omalor was selling that day like every other day when the cultists went and killed him because he was trying to stop them," an eyewitness told The Paradise.


 


"They cut him with machetes on his head, hands and other parts of the body several times and he bled to death. He was not a cultist. He has been selling there for over 20 years now. He sells drinks and food." 

Read More

PDP Governors Insist On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results

7/27/2021 07:18:00 am 0

 

Governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party have called on the national assembly to approve the electronic transmission of election results. 


 


PDP Governors who released a ten-point -communique at the end of its meeting in Bauchi, the state capital on Monday July 26, called on the National Assembly to entrench Electronic transmission of results of elections in the nation’s electoral jurisprudence and also asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to deploy appropriate technologies necessary to ensure votes of all Nigerians count.


 


Chairman of PDP Governors’ forum, Waziri Tambuwa said:


 


“On the Electoral Act Amendment Bill, the Governors identified the need for a free, fair and credible elections in the country and called on the National Assembly to entrench Electronic transmission of results of elections in the nation’s electoral jurisprudence.”

Read More

Four People Killed As Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community

7/27/2021 07:13:00 am 0


 At least four persons have reportedly been hacked to death by suspected herdsmen in two villages in the Nimbo community, Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State.



The incident reportedly took place around 2 am on Monday, July 26, when people were still asleep.


Several persons were said to be severely injured in the attack with about ten persons reported missing.


It was gathered that trouble started when herders were stopped from grazing their cattle in the farm settlement in the area on Sunday afternoon, leading to heated arguments between the farmers and the herders.



It was further learned the farmers later chased the herders and their cattle in order to avoid further destruction of their crops.


 


According to The Nation, the herders later re-grouped and launched a revenge attack on the community, killing no less than four persons in the early hours of Monday.



A village source, who identified himself simply as Stephen, told the publication that the villagers were still searching for about 10 people missings after the attack.


 


Stephen said: “Our people were in their houses Sunday afternoon when some people ran back to inform them that some herders came with their cattle to graze in their farm settlement. But our people went there to ask them to leave because they had already destroyed some crops in the farms.


 


“In the course of this interruption, a heated argument ensued that led our people to chase them away from the settlement. Remember that herdsmen killed our people in 2016 when they invaded this community. So, our people didn’t expect anything since they have left in peace.



“Unfortunately this morning they invaded the community and killed more than four people. The number could rise because we are still searching for 10 of our people. We also don’t know how many will survive in the hospital.”



Stephen disclosed three people who were seriously wounded have been taken to the hospital for medical treatment.


Read More

IPOB Reacts As DSS Fail To Produce Nnamdi Kanu In Court

7/27/2021 07:07:00 am 0


 The Indigenous People of Biafra IPOB has reacted to the failure of the Department of State Services DSS to produce its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, at the Federal High Court, Abuja today July 26.


 


Justice Binta Nyako who presided over the re-arraingment of Kanu adjourned the case till October 22 due to the failure of the Department of State Security DSS to present Kanu in court.


Reacting to this development, the secessionist group in a statement released by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, said it hoped Kanu has not been killed. IPOB dared the Nigerian government not to joke with its strength while calling for the release of all its members who were arrested for coming to the court to show support to their leader.


 


The statement in part reads


“We the global family of Indigenous People of Biafra under the command and leadership of our great leader, Nnamdi Kanu, condemn the seek and hide attitude of the Department of State Services, DSS, and its systematic delay and failure to produce our leader in court today in Abuja.


This was a deliberate and wicked plot to inflict further torture on our leader who they have kept incommunicado for some days now. In the past seven days, DSS has refused our lawyers and our leader's family members access to him. This is wickedness!


We are no longer comfortable with this development. We have enough grounds to suspect foul play. With the failure of DSS to produce our leader in court today without any cogent reason and coupled with the torture meted out to him since his abduction in Kenya, we are worried about the safety of our leader.


The failure of DSS to produce our leader in court today is confirming our fear over the uncertainty concerning his health. Considering his deteriorating health condition since he was kidnapped and the refusal of DSS to grant him access to his personal physicians, it is possible that our leader may have been killed.


DSS should prove us wrong by producing our leader in court or granting his lawyers and family members access to him. We are running out of patience. Nigeria should not take IPOB for granted. Our leader must not die in detention.


We also demand unconditional release of all those arrested today in Abuja and other parts of the country for their solidarity with our leader. Nigeria must release them.”

Read More

Barcelona And Neymar Set To End Legal Battle

7/27/2021 07:00:00 am 0


 Barcelona have reached an "amicable" out-of-court settlement with their former player Neymar to end their legal dispute.


 


Recall Neymar, who now plays for Paris Saint-Germain sued the Spanish giants over unpaid bonuses due as part of a contract he signed in October 2016, before his €222m record transfer to his current club. 


 


Neymar sued the Catalan club for €46.3 million euros, and they counter-sued for breach of contract.


 


A judge in Barcelona sided with the club, ordering the Brazilian in June last year to pay the Camp Nou side €6.7 million euros.


 


Spanish media said Neymar had appealed and also launched a new case against Barca. That case is now void.


Barcelona said in a statement that three labour claims and a civil suit had been "ended out of court in amicable fashion".


"FC Barcelona announce that it has ended out of court in amicable fashion the various labour and civil litigation cases that were open with the Brazilian player Neymar," read the statement.


 


"As such, a transactional agreement between the club and the player has been signed to end the legal cases that were pending between the two parties."


Read More

Monday, 26 July 2021

FG Extends SIM-NIN Linkage Till October 31

7/26/2021 07:32:00 am 0


 The national identification number (NIN) and subscriber identity module (SIM) integration exercise has been extended by the federal government till October 31.


 


Ikechukwu Adinde, Director of Public Affairs at the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) who disclosed that there are now a total of 59.8 million unique NIN enrolments with an average of three to four SIMs per NIN, said the exercise was extended to “accommodate registration in hard-to-reach remote areas, foreigners and diplomatic missions, and Nigerians in the diaspora”.


 


He said; 


 


“The Federal Government has approved the extension of the deadline for National Identity Number (NIN)-Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) data verification to October 31, 2021. 


“The decision to extend the deadline was made following a request by stakeholders to accommodate registration in hard-to-reach remote areas, foreigners and diplomatic missions, diaspora and address low enrolments in schools and hospitals, as evidenced by enrolment statistics.


“The decision also followed a review of the progress of the exercise which indicated significant progress, hence the need to consolidate the gains of the enrolment and NIN-SIM verification process across the country.


“As at July 24, 2021, there are over 5,500 enrolment systems within and outside the country and this would significantly ease the NIN enrolment process and subsequent linkage of NIN to SIM.


“The administration of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, has approved the extension as part of efforts to make it easier for its citizens within and outside the country, and legal residents to obtain the NIN and it is important to take advantage of the extension.


“The NIN-SIM linkage also makes it easier for the security agencies to carry out their statutory duties and the relevant parastatals under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy are supporting them as required.


“There are now a total of 59.8 million unique NIN enrolments, with average of 3 to 4 SIMs per NIN. With the great number of enrolment centres within and outside the country, and many more coming up, every citizen, legal resident, and Nigerian citizens living in diaspora should be able to obtain their NINs."


by Linda Ikeji at 25/07/2021 1:00 PM|21 Comments

Share this Story

Read More

Robert Lewandowski Wins Germany's Footballer Of The Year Award

7/26/2021 07:25:00 am 0


 Robert Lewandowski has received Germany's Footballer of the Year award for the second season running after a record-breaking year.


 


The Bayern Munich striker scored 41 goals in 29 appearances as his club were crowned Bundesliga champions again. He also broke the long-standing record by Gerd Muller for most goals in a single Bundesliga season.


Lewandowski beat his previous best of 34 goals in 31 appearances which was set during the 2019-20 season.


The club confirmed Lewandowski has won the award in a poll carried out by sports magazine Kicker in a vote by sports journalists.


 


The 32-year-old received a massive 356 of the 563 votes cast in the poll, putting him way in front of teammate Thomas Muller (41). Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland came third in the poll with 38 votes after he scored an impressive 27 goals in 28 games.


 


Lewandowski told Bayern Munich's official website: 'I know what a great honour this is.


 


'It's a source of great pride and joy for me, because it's rare for someone to win the title of Footballer of the Year in Germany twice in a row.'


Read More

28 Students Of the Baptist High School Kaduna State Reunites With Parents After Being Freed

7/26/2021 07:21:00 am 0

The 28 students of Bethel Baptist High School, Damishi, Kaduna who were just released by bandits after spending 20 days in captivity, have been reunited with their parents.


 


The pupils and their parents couldn't hold back their tears as they hugged themselves. 

Recall that a total of 121 students were abducted from their school hostels by bandits on July 5. While one of the students, Abraham Aniya was rescued by security operatives alongside two other victims who were kidnapped along Kaduna-Kachia road on July 12, two other students escaped when they were asked to fetch firewood from a nearby forest on July 20. 


 


See more photos of the pupils reuniting with their parents below...






 

Read More

Trial Of Frank Uduak Begins Today, July 26

7/26/2021 07:07:00 am 0


 The trial of Uduak Frank Akpan, the alleged murderer of Akwa Ibom job seeker, Iniubong Ephraim Umoren, will begin at the Akwa Ibom state Hogh Court 6 in Uyo, the state capital on Monday, July 26.


 


According to a statement released by the media unit of the Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Justice signed by the information officer in the ministry, Effiong Edet, says the state's Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Uko Essien Udom (SAN), will be the lead counsel for the prosecution team.


Iniubong Umoren, a final year student of the Department of Philosophy, University of Uyo, from Orukanam local government area of the state, had set out to look for a job to keep body and soul together only for her family to be informed by the police, who responded swiftly to complain by her friend, that she has been gruesomely murdered by the accused, Uduak Akpan.


 


The statement added that the police investigating team had exhumed the deceased’s remains, which was buried in a shallow grave, showing her mouth gagged and the neck strangulated and squeezed, eyeballs bulging and tongue popping out, all allegedly pointing irresistibly to one direction, murder. The statement disclosed that the police had since concluded investigations and sent the case file to the Department of Public Prosecutions (DPP), which could not swing into action immediately because of the recently suspended industrial action embarked upon by Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN).

Read More

Banditry In Northwest Can Consume Nigeria - Governor Matawalle

7/26/2021 06:59:00 am 0


 Governor Mohammed Matawalle of Zamfara state has warned that banditry ravaging the Northwestern region of Nigeria can swallow the entire country if efforts are not made now to tackle it.


 


The governor issued the warning while presenting a lead paper entitled “The Fight Against Banditry in Northwest Nigeria: Challenges and Solutions” during the inauguration of the new executives of Arewa Media Writers’ Association held at Kabir Gymnasium in Kaduna state over the weekend.


Represented by his Commissioner for Information, Ibrahim Magaji Dosara, the Governor said


 


“When I assumed office on May 29, 2019, Zamfara State had already been mired in a serious security crisis for over a decade, marked by banditry, livestock rustling, kidnapping, and a host of other crimes. On an almost daily basis, the state was in the news for bloodletting, fire, pillage, and significant displacement of people, particularly those living in rural areas.


The historical, economic, social and cultural ties between the dominant communities of Fulani and Hausa were ruptured; farming activities across the state were halted, and commercial activities were crippled.


With poverty on the increase and food security seriously affected by the crisis, the state was on the verge of a catastrophic social eruption capable of destabilising our communities and the Northwest sub-region.


Rural banditry in Zamfara and other parts of the North, in my opinion, is as a result of the progressive degradation of our moral standards and a culture of greed fed by an unfettered need for material goods.


The North lacks responsible leadership to steer it through our time’s uncharted waters. Our ruling elite have no vision for the region beyond gaining political power. We have all seen how the elite in the Southeast and Southwest respond in unison to all matters concerning their regions’ development.


We have seen how they have a defined agenda and are relentless in their pursuit of regional development.


Unless we wake up to the situation, the war against banditry in the Northwest will remain a significant security challenge that has the potential to swallow the region and the country. The destruction that banditry is wreaking on the region’s people and the economy is unfathomable”

Read More

Friday, 23 July 2021

Jay-Z Reunites With Kanye West In First Music Collaboration Since 2012

7/23/2021 07:59:00 pm 0

On Thursday night, July 22, Rapper Kanye West reunited with his long-time friend, business partner, former boss and idol, Jay-Z on his new album - the first time since 2012 the pair would be doing any song together.



West hosted a launch party for Donda – an album named after his late mother – at the sold-out Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, the city where he was born, and revealed Jay-Z features on his latest album as the superstar rapper finally unveiled his new music.



The last time both did a collaboration was in 2012 in the song 'clique' before Kanye's marriage to Kim Kardashian in 2013 that Jay-z and wife Beyonce conspicuously missed and his subsequent fall out with Jayz.

But now Kanye has begun divorce proceedings with estranged wife Kim, and it seems both men are now back together. 

 Kanye entered the stage area of the filled stadium and the album began playing.


The final song featured the surprise inclusion of 51-year-old Jay-Z, whose verse included a reference to his relationship with Kanye as a ''Moses and Jesus relationship. Reports say Jay-z recorded his verse just an hour before the event. Jay didn't come for the album launch but Kanye's estranged wife Kim came alongside their four kids and her sister Khloe.


Jay’s verse, apparently from the perspective of a man in prison, references not only his brotherly and at times contentious relationship with West 


Read Jayz's verse from the song below.


 


God in my cell, that’s my celly

Made in the image of God, that’s a selfie

Pray five times a day, so many felonies

Who’s gon’ post my bail? Lord, help me


Hold up, Donda, I’m with your baby when I [unclear]

Told ’em stop all of that red cap [?], we goin’ home

Not be with all these sins, casting stones

This might be the return of the throne


Hova and Yeezus

Like Moses and Jesus

You’re not in control of my thesis

You already know what I think, I think pieces [?]



On my cell, in my cell tonight

Don’t have to see you to touch you

This is what braille look like

This on sight

If they take me to jail

Hold my girl, tell her send my mail

We know what Hell look like

Still it’s a hell of a life, yikes



Read More

Heung-Min Son Signs New Four-year Deal With Tottenham Hotspur

7/23/2021 07:47:00 pm 0


 The South Korea winger, 29, has scored 107 goals in 280 appearances in all competitions since joining from Bayer Leverkusen in August 2015 and has now agreed terms until 2025.


He has been capped 93 times by South Korea, scoring 27 goals and appearing at two World Cups.


"It was already a big honour to play here for six years, the club have showed me massive, massive respect and obviously I'm very happy to be here," Son said.


 


"It's like home, especially with the fans, the players, the staff. There was no decision. It was easy. I'm so happy to be here and will be so glad to see the fans again soon."


 


Spurs managing director Fabio Paratici said: "We are pleased to have agreed a new long-term contract with Heung-Min Son as we move towards the start of a new season and a new chapter for the club with Nuno Espirito Santo.


 


"Everyone can see the real positive impact he has on the club, both on and off the field, and we are delighted that he will play a part in what we are trying to achieve in the coming years."


 


In other news, Tottenham are close to completing the signing of Atalanta goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini after he completed his medical in Milan on Thursday.


Read More