Trending News / Gist at Your Finger Tips

Wednesday, 8 January 2020

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election




Former President Goodluck Jonathan, has dispelled report of being under pressure to contest in the 2023 Presidential election. 



In a statement released by his spokesperson Ikechukwu Eze, the former President said he is focused on promoting peace and sustainable democracy in Africa.



Goodluck Jonathan also expressed surprise that the story which circulated before the 2019 Presidential elections is coming up again in 2020. 



He said; 



“There is nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.

“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.

“If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.

“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again. 

“The good thing is that Nigerians already know this to be fake. That is why Nigerian newspapers and serious online news media will not publish such falsehood.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Leave A Comment