Fire Guts Former Oyo First Lady Supermarket - EazyFeeds

Trending News / Gist at Your Finger Tips

Latest News

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, 9 November 2020

Fire Guts Former Oyo First Lady Supermarket


 Fire on Sunday, gutted a section of the supermarket belonging to the wife of late former governor of Oyo State, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi.


 


The supermarket known as Grandex Stores located at Bodija, Ibadan, was said to be on fire at about 3:00 pm on Sunday afternoon, as a result of an electrical surge from the back of the store which later got out of hands, turned into a wildfire and spread to the main building.


 


The Deputy Director, Oyo State Fire Service, Moshood Adewuyi, who confirmed the incident in a statement, said that the timely intervention of the state’s firefighters prevented the store from burning into ashes,


 


He disclosed that the fire destroyed some sections of the store and damaged a lot of goods stored inside. 


 


Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, and other top government officials in the late Abiola Ajimobi’s cabinet were present at the scene of the incident, he added.

No comments:

Post a comment

Feel Free To Leave A Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot